Salary: £28,000 plus 15% quarterly bonus scheme and service charge
Start Date: ASAP
Full time permanent
We are looking for a passionate Head Chef who can join us at this pivotal and exciting time and lead the kitchen to success. You will be trained in our existing sites leading up to the late summer open and then your training will continue with our Operations Managers and Area Chefs; working closely with them as you settle into your new kitchen.
What is it to be a Mowgli Head Chef?
- A guardian of morale at the helm of the Mowgli kitchen; embodying the 3 pillars of our culture- Intelligence, Grace and Graft.
- Proud and passionate about what you do with a keen eye for detail from prep to pass. We’re only as good as our last dahl!
- An encourager of people, inspiring and nurturing the talent within our Indian Home Kitchen.
- No ego! Our Head Chefs are integral in protecting our Culture. Our kitchens are an ego-free zone built on mutual respect.
So why Mowgli?
- We are a close-knit team who LOVE working together and are so passionate about what we do.
- You will get the chance to go on life changing trips to India to see the work our amazing international charity partners do. Following the success of our two previous India trips, we’re aiming for this to become a yearly incentive.
- Charity is central to our business and we have raised over £700k since we started on our charitable journey; be truly involved and build relationships with your house charity and our international partners.
- We are committed to work life balance and have taken real steps to protect your precious time away from work- goodbye WhatsApp groups and 60-hour weeks!
- We are always investing in systems and technology to ensure you have the best tools in the industry.
- You’ll have the opportunity to impact change as we evolve and be valued as the unique individual you are. Our central team are still very hands on and work closely with all of our Head Chefs.
- Ranked top 50 of Fastest Growing Companies UK two years in a row
- Trailblazer 2020, Casual Dining
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary, achievable bonus scheme and service charge
- Fantastic career progression with our Mowgli Career Tree- climb the ladder and reach your potential supported by our incredible Learning and Development courses
- Reasonable working hours- we keep our chef hours between 44-48 hours with an aim of two consecutive days off.
- Guaranteed Christmas Eve (evening), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off- family time is important to us
- Cycle to work scheme, financial wellbeing support, Employee Welfare Programmes, your child’s first day of school off, Mowgli Sabbatical rewarding length of service, enhanced family leave programmes, Wagestream, your birthday off and more!
- 50% off food when you visit us with friends and family
- Uniform provided and replaced
Join us on our Mowgli journey- we can’t wait to meet you!