Salary: £26,000 plus tips and service charge
Start Date: 1st June
Full time permanent
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sous Chef who support the Head Chef as we prepare to open this summer. You will be trained in our existing sites leading up to the open and then your training will continue with our Operations Managers and Area Chefs; working closely with them as you settle into your new kitchen.
What are we looking for?
-A guardian of morale in the Mowgli kitchen; embodying the 3 pillars of our culture- Intelligence, Grace and Graft.
-Proud and passionate about what you do with a keen eye for detail from prep to pass. We’re only as good as our last dahl!
-A natural leader who can work alongside the Head Chef to train and develop the team.
-No ego! Our kitchens are an ego-free zone built on mutual respect.
-Impeccable food hygiene and health and safety standards who leads by example
So why Mowgli?
– We are a close-knit team who LOVE working together and are so passionate about what we do.
– You will get the chance to go on life changing trips to India. Following the success of our first India trip, we sent 20 of our team members to Mumbai in January with one of our international charity partners. Our aim is that this will become a yearly incentive for all our employees.
– Charity is central to our business and we have raised over £700k since we started on our charitable journey; be truly involved and build relationships with your house charity and our international partners.
– We are committed to work life balance and have taken real steps to protect your precious time away from work- goodbye WhatsApp groups and 60-hour weeks!
– We are always investing in systems and technology to ensure you have the best tools in the industry.
– You’ll have the opportunity to impact change as we evolve and be valued as the unique individual you are. Our central team are still very hands on and work closely with all of team.
-Ranked top 50 for two consecutive years in Sunday Times Fast Track 100 behind only one other hospitality business both years.
-Trailblazer 2020, Casual Dining
What we’ll offer:
-Competitive salary plus tips and service charge
-Fantastic career progression with our Mowgli Career Tree- climb the ladder with the support from our Learning and Development courses
-Reasonable working hours- we keep our chef hours between 44-48 hours with two consecutive days off.
-Guaranteed Christmas Eve (evening), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off- family time is important to us
-Cycle to work scheme, financial well-being support, Wagestream, Employee Welfare Programme, Pupternity, your Birthday off, enhanced family leave, Mowgli Sabbatical rewarding length of service and for those with children- your child’s first day of school off.
– 50% off food when you come with your family & friends
– Uniform provided and replaced
Join us on our Mowgli journey- we can’t wait to meet you!
For more information/to send through your CV, contact email@example.com.